• Profile photo of Taylor
    Taylor
    December 30, 2016 at 5:03 am #27892
    Profile photo of Taylor
    Taylor
    December 30, 2016 at 5:25 am #27893

Hi Bradley,

I have been lifting for under 2 years now and have been focusing on my nutrition in the past 6 months. I reduced my body fat to a low level and then realised I needed to gain some size at 6ft 160lbs 10% bf. So I bought a personalised meal plan and the lean bulk e-book, I thought combining the two will help me add some mass.

I completed the first strength building 8 weeks and saw increases in all lifts and I am now into the hypertrophy focused stage with the 3 days on 1 day off training split. I just love to lift and feel like I need to train each day so I find myself skipping the rest day and training from day 1 again.

I’m not training the same muscles daily – the plan allows me to rest my chest and back while I train my legs on day 2 and shoulders and arms on day 3. So my chest and back would have had the time to repair while I trained the other muscle groups on day 2 and day 3 for example. So is a whole day off from training essential for growth because I find myself not having a day off because I love to train? Will this hinder my progress?

Also how many cycles of this program should I do before a cut? I was thinking to repeat the 16 weeks twice before a bodyfat reduction to notice some gains when I cut down?

Profile photo of Bradley Martyn
    Bradley Martyn
    January 5, 2017 at 5:07 pm #28303

You can do as many cycles of this plan as you want before you decide to cut. It will keep working. It all depends on when you want to cut. That’s it!

As far as rest days…it all depends on the person. Most people need the rest in order to build muscle. Training breaks muscle down so that it can repair and grow bigger. If you are breaking it down daily then it may not get the chance to recover. Some can recover though! So it all comes down to the person! If you are making progress without rest then keep it up! If you aren’t…then maybe try the rest day!

Profile photo of Taylor
    Taylor
    January 7, 2017 at 4:41 am #28389

Cheers for the info, I’ll see how it goes but for now I feel I’m making progress.

I’ve gained around 14lbs in 12 weeks of this lean bulk with clean eating in a surplus by the provided meal plan, I’ve been supplementing with creatine so a bit of that is water weight, I feel I’m remaining lean with minimal fat gain as well. So it seems to be working.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.