• Profile photo of Joseph
    Joseph
    December 23, 2016 at 5:01 pm #27545

Hey everyone, just joined the squad and am excited to be a member! I’ve been going to the gym regularly for about 2 years, but only recently started calculating my diet and honestly just doing all exercises correctly. I am 5’6″ and 155 pounds, but my goal is to be 165. Right now, I am doing German Volume Training and eating around 2700 calories per day, 220g protein, 260g carbs, and 72g fat. I have no idea if this is what I actually should be striving for, and also if I should be eating even more on days that I do lift. I pretty much cut out all cardio, maybe occasionally walking for a little but nothing intense. Any help would be great, thanks!

Profile photo of Bradley Martyn
    Bradley Martyn
    January 5, 2017 at 5:04 pm #28302

First you want to find your maintenance. I suggest knowing your daily intake of calories (knowing macros helps too) for every day for 2 weeks. If your weight went up then you are in a surplus. If it dropped then you are in a deficit. If it maintained…then you are in maintenance.

From there it’s all about the macro ratio. What you have laid out doesn’t look too bad if the total calories are right for you!

The most popular macro splits are 40/40/20, 50/30/20, 30/50/20, and 40/30/30. In reality you can play with pretty much any macro ratio…it all just depends on the person!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.