• Profile photo of daniel-wagner1964
    Daniel
    June 20, 2015 at 1:35 am #3850

Hey Bradley, I was wondering hey you got to learn so much about lifting and nutrition? And I was also wonder what kind of supplements do you use like protein powders or bcaas?

Profile photo of Bradley Martyn
    Bradley Martyn
    June 20, 2015 at 2:07 pm #3860

I’m just a nerd about it all man! I fell in love with this from the beginning and gathered as much information as I can. Some came in the form of certs and schooling…while others just experience of being in the gym.

As far as supplements I don’t have one specific brand I endorse. I believe in ingredients and quality. If I feel a supplement has the right ingredients that I like and the company has a reputation of quality I’ll try it. It’s hard to find sometimes these days though! It’s hard to trust some of these companies!

Profile photo of daniel-wagner1964
    Daniel
    June 20, 2015 at 3:18 pm #3866

Thanks a lot! One more question? When you said you learned from schooling did you mean like at your high school or from a college?

Daniel
    June 21, 2015 at 12:35 am #3872

Sorry to add another question but your a big inpiration on me and I would like to be like you when I grow up an start my own website it’s pretty cool how you help people and all this but back to the questions I have, how long would you say it took for you to learn every thing that you know about nutrition and other gym stuff? Also in your reply that you gave me you said “some came from certs, could you possible define that for me I looked it up and it came up as mint candy. Thanks again though!

Daniel
    June 22, 2015 at 11:06 pm #3895

@bradleymartyn ?

Bradley Martyn
    June 23, 2015 at 10:57 am #3908

Daniel,

Well I didn’t learn from candy! LOL!!

You can look up ISSA, NASM, etc. There are a variety of personal training certifications available these days. I haven’t found any being better than the other. I have also taken several college courses on the topics.

As far as learning about this though. Formal education (school, certs, etc) is great but you cannot beat personal experience. I have been immersed in this lifestyle for about 10 years now! That’s 10 years of learning and I’m still learning to this day!

Don’t put a time limit on yourself…just start learning and absorbing information now and always keep an open mind to learn more. If you can learn something each day then you’re on the right track. 😉

Profile photo of chris2877
    Christopher
    June 24, 2015 at 9:49 am #3925

Hey bradley, what are you’re thoughts on mass gainers?

I have always struggled with eating enough calories for the day. Working shifts also seem to make it worse.

Also feel my lifting is suffering because I’m not eating enough to give me the energy to lift heavier.

Any thoughts would be great.

Cheers Chris

Bradley Martyn
    July 7, 2015 at 10:41 am #4875

Chris,

Mass gainers are a great tool to use to increase the daily calories. One mistake I see a lot of people make is that they will drink the shake but after it fills them up they will skip a meal!

The goal with those shakes is to make something thats easy to drink and ADD calories to your day. If you get one I would make sure that you are using it to add calories to your current diet instead of merely replace calories by using the shake to replace a meal.

Make sense?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.