• Profile photo of Kyle
    Kyle
    November 10, 2015 at 6:09 am #12220

This is just some constructive criticizing – not bashing/hating (I’m still paying, right?)

You write that the benefits are member’s only forum access and emails – with updates, tips, etc.
    Well, when you only list only a couple features, one being emails, and the ONLY emails I get are renewal receipts – wheres the value? I’m paying 7.99/mo for a forum that not many people participate in.
    At the current moment this is NOT worth paying for. I only look here once a month when my phone says you paid Bradley 7.99

The reason that I am currently still subscribing is because you’re a really good dude that is obviously super knowledgable, and extremely sincere/genuine about wanting to help people. You can see that through your videos, which we’ve all watched for free, so I don’t mind spending the $8 for that reason – I think about those “lifts you need to be doing” when I’m at the gym.

I think as we grow as a community here, based on other guys’ pages I’ve subscribed to in the past the basics are:
    #1. Emails – Quick nutrition tip? email me. New Blog post? email me a notice/link/or the actual post.
    emails will get my attention to actually remember to come back to this site.
    #2. Workouts – this is honestly why I signed up because I just assumed this was the main feature, as it is every other subscriptions main purpose.
    Yes, the paid personal training ones are more specific to that individual persons’ body & goals, but there should be a daily workout similar to what MusclePharm posts, or sunday nights the whole week’s workouts are posted like Joe Donnelly does. Just to have that saved on my phone to know what I’m doing at the gym that day/that week is worth the $ alone.

Again, the videos (free to everyone) & blog posts (not able to tell which are free or for us?) are both great – So, I’m not hating,
    I’m paid & in this and want it to be valuable for everyone more than it already is so that we all get better together.
    Its not quite at the point where I can recommend it to my friends and say “dude, you’ve got to sign up its totally worth the $8 for the (insert something) alone!”

KC

Profile photo of Bradley Martyn
    Bradley Martyn
    November 12, 2015 at 6:32 pm #12275

Thank you for the feedback bro! I really do appreciate it!

As of right now the benefits you are receiving are purely in the blog posts. I also have a section on the forum for them. The second half of the post is private to members only. The first half is public and let’s people know the topic but the tips and suggestions are hidden from non-members. The forums haven’t worked out yet because I need to find a way to get more traffic on them. I would love to be on here answering questions daily for all members to see. That will come with time as the memberships increase though. My goal with the forums was to provide a place that people can ask questions to get my opinion and the opinions of others. It could serve as a think tank. I think that I have a lot more lurkers right now than people who post. lol

I started the emails twice but the system didn’t seem to be able to handle it. We are supposed to have the site on a new and better server by this coming monday. I’m hoping that with this new server I will be able to get the emails linked and going asap!

I like your idea about the workouts. That is something that I can definitely get together and place as a bigger part of the membership. I also plan to finish a 30 day lean bulk challenge to go with the weight loss challenge that I currently have on the forums.

I appreciate your support bro! That means a lot to me. I really appreciate your criticism as well so that I can make this a better membership and community for everybody! I’ve wanted to start this membership feature for a while and I got to a point where I figured that I needed to start it and then iron out the problems as we ran into them or else I might not ever get it off the ground. So far I’ve had quite a few as I get my website performing 100% but each time I fix something it takes me one step closer to having it functioning the way I want it.

Thanks again bro! I’m open to any other ideas and criticisms you have as well.

Bradley Martyn
    November 12, 2015 at 6:32 pm #12276

Thank you for the feedback bro! I really do appreciate it!

As of right now the benefits you are receiving are purely in the blog posts. I also have a section on the forum for them. The second half of the post is private to members only. The first half is public and let’s people know the topic but the tips and suggestions are hidden from non-members. The forums haven’t worked out yet because I need to find a way to get more traffic on them. I would love to be on here answering questions daily for all members to see. That will come with time as the memberships increase though. My goal with the forums was to provide a place that people can ask questions to get my opinion and the opinions of others. It could serve as a think tank. I think that I have a lot more lurkers right now than people who post. lol

I started the emails twice but the system didn’t seem to be able to handle it. We are supposed to have the site on a new and better server by this coming monday. I’m hoping that with this new server I will be able to get the emails linked and going asap!

I like your idea about the workouts. That is something that I can definitely get together and place as a bigger part of the membership. I also plan to finish a 30 day lean bulk challenge to go with the weight loss challenge that I currently have on the forums.

I appreciate your support bro! That means a lot to me. I really appreciate your criticism as well so that I can make this a better membership and community for everybody! I’ve wanted to start this membership feature for a while and I got to a point where I figured that I needed to start it and then iron out the problems as we ran into them or else I might not ever get it off the ground. So far I’ve had quite a few as I get my website performing 100% but each time I fix something it takes me one step closer to having it functioning the way I want it.

Thanks again bro! I’m open to any other ideas and criticisms you have as well.

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    November 28, 2015 at 4:36 am #12802

I think it would be a good idea to have a “general” section. A place where people can post up what ever springs to mind whether it be fitness related or not. I think that would increase traffic and bring out all the “lurkers”.

The forums also need to be more optimized for mobile devices as it’s not possible to easily post pictures straight from a phone and is a little bit awkward to navigate.

Bradley Martyn
    November 30, 2015 at 5:35 pm #12981

Matt,

Thank you bro! I like the idea of a general sort of nonsense section. It doesn’t have to be all serious business here! lol

I’m working on getting the site better for mobile devices.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.